Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Skittle Nails

This is an unusual year for us.  Normally Halloween is *our* holiday, I mean like bigger than Christmas!  Unfortunately there are things going on this year that are  preventing us from celebrating in our usual style.  That being said, I refuse to let the holiday pass without doing at least a little something ;)   This skittle mani was inspired by a bunch of different pics I've seen on various nail blogs lately. (Patchwork nail tutorial by The Nailasaurus here, abstract candy corn tutorial here.)



I had a patchwork nail, peeping eyes, polka dots, bloody bruised nail and abstract candy corn on my left hand. Frankenstein, stripes, ghost and 2 glitter toppers on my right hand (which I think turned out pretty darn good for having to do everything on that side with my non-dominant hand!!)

I really had a LOT of fun doing these and I'm hoping to keep them on at least through the weekend. I definitely pushed my limited artistic skills and I'm over the moon with how they turned out.  What do you think??  Next time I really want to include a zombie and a mummy... what else??

Products used: Orly Liquid Vinyl (black)
                         Pure Ice Superstar (white)
                         Pure Ice Free Spirit (green)
                         Sinful Colors Pull Over (yellow)
                         China Glaze Riveting (orange)
                          Elf orange glitter
                         Hard Candy Masquerade (white, black, red topper)
                         OPI Zombody To Love (green glow in the dark)
                         Sally Hansen French Shimmer (milky off white)
                         Man.ish.ma Ramblin' Red
                         CoverGirl Outlast Vio-last  (purple)
                         Rush 60 second top coat
                         Scotch tape, striping tape, dotting tool, small detail brush (which was actually from an old dried up liquid eyeliner because I didn't have a fine enough brush to do the patchwork!)

So, what do you think of my Halloween skittle?  I think tomorrow I may do one on Beebs since she keeps grabbing my hands to look at mine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment